Monday 16 January 2012

You Rock?!?

Available from Target now is the 'Essence' range, (very) affordable makeup with some pretty cool themes, the first on my list is the 'You Rock' range, and in particular, the eye-shadow primer and the eye-shadow palette.
Both of these items are around the $5 mark but will be found cheaper during one of the many x% off cosmetics sales that Target have often.
In the palette there are 6 shadows, 1 liner and a double ended brush/sponge, with a mirror in the lid.  For the purpose of reviewing this product I tried to use the set as it came, that is, I used the shadows with the brush provided. as one would be expected to do.
As you can see, the shadows are all very nice and neutral, except that green, I used most of them in the look I created but decided not to add the green.
The primer has a lovely shimmery finish.  It helped the shadows stay on for a full day, which is all you can expect, I wasn't willing to sleep in them just to prove a point.
The shadows are nicely pigmented and for the most part complement each other well.
The liner is VERY soft, so if you're not a dab hand in the liner pencil department I'd use with extreme caution.
The only thing I didn't like about this set was the brush, I found it too firm to blend with, but great for adding colour, to get around this I ended up using a fluffy brush to blend.
All in all, for the money this little kit is pretty good and well worth your money. The primer is great and the shadows well worth the money.  Also if you know any makeup lovers, this would be a great gift.

Essence, at Target now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!