Wednesday 3 October 2012

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips- Review

What they say:
Enhance your natural eye colour with three blendable trios that colour, contour and line your eyes for illuminating, high impact.

I'm not a big believer in what colours should be worn by whom.  If you have brown eyes and you want to rock green, go ahead and at least try.  With that I decided to buy both the set for green and the set for brown eyes.

What I say:
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips are eyeliner trios sold by custom looks for certain eye colours.
You can just make out from the picture that these are like eye crayons rather than pencils.

They are quite richly pigmented:




They go on really well, I really like them initially, then they transferred to my upper lid, and lunch time they had faded to a vague hit of colour. 
I don't have greasy eye lids so this was a bit of a surprise for me.  The transfer to the upper lid is something I live with, it's the droopy lids! I even get out my hair dryer and dry my liquid liners sometimes because I am prone to this.

I am not prone to liners fading, and I don't like it.

The only use I have discovered for these so far, (which isn't all together a bad use) is as the base for a kick ass smokey eye.  Huzzah for the saving grace that is the smokey eye!

What are your thoughts? Have you tried these liners? or any of the new PF range? Love it? Hate it?



5 comments:

  1. I really love this,so cute
    If you have a minute,you can visit my blog and leave a comment about my new post, thanks dear!

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these yet, I was curious because their bronzers are my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like alot of PF stuff, I love the blush and althought Io haven't tried them myself, I've heard the pencils are brilliant!

      Delete
  3. It's a shame they faded so fast, the colours look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of these, I've yet to get my hands on any physicians formula makeup but it looks great.
    I love those colours x

    ReplyDelete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!