Friday 14 March 2014

My Return to Blogging

WOW, if you're reading this, THANK YOU, it means one of a few things, either you were subscribed to me and didn't give up hope, and that's lovely, OR you found my blog accidentally, either way, you're still reading, and that is a big deal.


It has been FAR TOO LONG, and there were many reasons for this, but most of all, it was lack of time, a change in priorities, and a loss of a habit.  However, I am now back in a position to begin again.  It is going to be a long and steep up hill struggle, I know that, but I love to write, and this is my platform.


Without further ado, let me show you a few things I've been up to...

Makeup, obviously.....I've been trying my hand any anything and everything I can, from theater productions of Hairspray involving full drag makeup, to local indie movies where my brief was 'can you make it look like someone has stomped on my face?'

Edna, before (sort of, it was the last night and we had already started the brows when we decided to do a 'before' shot) and after.  This was a lot of fun.  I hadn't even blocked brows out before this, and in true 'Lizzi Style' I practiced on myself first....creepy right? OH and there is no photoshop trickery here, pure makeup 'talent'


As well as the fun and lovely Edna, I was asked if I could create a look for a local movie, they needed a face stomped on, now I'm against violence, so I agreed to create it using makeup.
Again, here's what I did to myself to practice....

Pretty gross right? but I think what I created for the movie, and the before an after shots the director gave me look even worse.....


Then there was Halloween, every MUA's fave holiday, and I am no exception to that rule...


Finally, not content with stage shows and small budget movies, and my own makeup for Halloween, I did the makeup for the most important wedding I'll ever be a part of....

I used airbrush and traditional application methods, you can see various brushes, and Inglot eye shadows, of course...I look like I'm concentrating a LOT....and I was, because what made this day so important, what made the makeup on this day SO critical, and the pressure SO intense, was of course, this was my wedding day...

I did the makeup for my 4 bridesmaids, and myself, I am far too much of a control freak to have had it any other way, and I am so glad I scoffed at everyone's suggestion that I shouldn't do it- even my photographer said I should be being pampered, not doing the pampering...but on the day also stated that if she could have photographed her own wedding, she would have.


So how has marriage changed me? well, now I have someone else to practice all my makeup tricks on, and strangely, he is more than happy to let me- he likes the attention I think...


So apart from makeup and marriage, what else have I been up to? Moving.
At the end of 2013, in order to pursue a dream of Jason's we packed up home and moved...to the UK....not permanently, but for about 12 months, I was granted leave from work, we put the house on the rental market, and we moved...which brings me to now....I have time to blog, and I want to, after all this time...

I want to blog again, and I feel I need to....and with my ever increasing collection of UK makeup? I feel it is my duty to....

What did I miss, I'm sure I stayed on top of most things while I was gone, mostly due to Facebook updates, do you have any questions about my absence, or simply want to see more wedding photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!